Published: February 13, 2012Posted in: 1, 405, 73, Celebrity, City Streets, Event, Los Angeles, Orange County, traffic
President Obama will be returning to Los Angeles for fundraising on Wednesday, February 15.
Then he’ll go south to Orange County to attend an event in Corona del Mar on Thursday, February 16.
You know what this means — many street closures and delays as the presidential motorcade goes to and fro.
The good news this time is that he won’t have to travel as far as usual, so the traffic impact should be lighter. Also, most closures are expected to be “rolling” which means police pick up the barricades as soon as the President’s motorcade has passed.
Here’s what we have so for as we continue to piece together the closures. These are our best assumptions taking in to account past visits and current info. This is highly subject to change!
Wednesday, February 15, 2102
- Sometime after 3pm: President arrives at LAX
- Sometime between 3:45 and 4:15pm: President will be helicoptered from LAX to the VA
- Sometime between 4:15pm and 5pm: President will be driven across the westside to the fundraiser at the home of soap opera mogul Bradley Bell in the Holmby Hills / Beverly Hills area. Will Ferrell will host. Major east-west streets most likely to be affected are Sunset and Wilshire.
- Sometime between 8pm and 9pm: President will likely return to Beverly Hilton hotel to spend the night. This may occur even earlier as the President is attending a breakfast fundraiser in Corona del Mar at 7am.
In addition to street closures, bus routes most likely to be affected include 2, 702, 4, 704, 20 and 720.
Here is a map of the street closures and areas in likely to be affected by Obama’s visit in the Los Angeles / Holmby Hils / Beverly Hills area:
Thursday, February 16, 2012
Here’s the big question mark – President Obama will be attending a breakfast at the home of Jeff and Nancy Stack in Corona del Mar at 7am.
It is unclear if President Obama will travel via car or via helicopter to Newport Beach. Newport Beach police did tell the Orange County Register that they are working with the Secret Service but no route has been planned.
Because it is so early, it shouldn’t disrupt traffic too badly.
That being said, the following major roads are MOST LIKELY to be disrupted:
- 405 between West LA and Costa Mesa/Irvine
- 73 between 405 and Newport Coast Dr
- Newport Coast Dr
- Jamboree Road
- Macarthur Blvd
- San Joaquin Hills Rd
- Pacific Coast Highway (1)
There’s a chance that the President may be helicoptered somewhere like John Wayne Airport and then driven the final stretch.
OCTA bus routes most likely to be affected include 1, 57, 76, and 79.
Here is a map of the street closures and areas likely to be affected by Obama’s visit to Corona del Mar:
Obama Traffic, Street Closures in Los Angeles, Corona del Mar for February 15, 16, 2012. The President is back in town so head for the hills, well heck, he is going to be in the Hills, Beverly Hills that is so stay clear to avoid the traffic anxiety.
Los Angeles, Platinum Triangle, Beverly Hills, Real Estate, 90210, Bel Air, Holmby Hills, Sunset Strip, Hollywood Hills, Luxury Estates, Mansions, Celebrity Homes, Homes For Sale, Listings, Realtor, Real Estate For sale, Luxury Homes, Los Angeles Realtor, Bel Air Real Estate, Christophe Choo, http://www.ChristopheChoo.com, beverly Hills real estate agent, Beverly Hills Realtor