Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

The Glamorous Life of a Real Estate Agent – Volume 1: Insect Encounters

The Glamorous Life of a Real Estate Agent – Volume 1: Insect Encounters

The life of a real estate agent is demanding and most certainly never dull. From naked encounters to adventures with alligators, it’s clear that buying and selling a home isn’t always an easy and elegant affair. We asked you to share your stories about “The Glamorous Life of a Real Estate Agent” – both the wild and wacky, and the times that you were really put to the test – and you delivered the goods and then some.

To add a little more fun to your Friday, and beginning this week, we’re going to feature your most “glamorous” stories right here on the Trulia Pro Blog and on Facebook. If you haven’t shared your story with us yet, never fear – you can still post it in a comment below so it can be featured in the coming weeks.

This week we’re taking a look at some the encounters with our arthropod friends a few of you have suffered for the sake of finding your clients a new home. Check ‘em out and vote for your favorite!

Lisa Lunger:

I had a showing on a home that had been sprayed for Roaches a few days before. When I unlocked the front door opened it, stepped in to take the key out of the door, close to 100 roaches fell on my head. They had moved to the door frame to escape the bug spray, and there was a large gap at the top of the door for them to hide…I did not sell that house!

Dale Weir:

How about showing raw land and getting so covered in ticks I had to stop at a grocery store on the way home, strip in the bathroom stall and pull over 60 ticks off to flush down the toilet- clients, equally covered in ticks drove straight home and cleaned up.

Catherine Matthews:

The funniest was the house which was infested with fleas. My buyer clients and I came out of the house covered! Now this house was in a popular location and was being offer at a good price, so in less than a week another buyer client wanted to see the house. The listing agent confirmed the house had been treated, so off we went. Unfortunately, fleas can be difficult to get rid of, so you guessed it, my clients and I came out covered in fleas again. I always try to look for the positive and in this case, I was glad it wasn’t my listing.

Brian Sotzen:

I was staging an open house at another agent’s bank owned listing. It was slow so I was sitting at the kitchen snack bar writing in my planner when a bug jumped onto my arm. I first thought it was a flea but upon closer inspection discovered that it was a bed bug!!! I had visions of me carrying a colony of them home after latching onto me in that house! I immediately went outside and brushed myself off. I then stood in the driveway and made calls to my clients (time management!) while being creeped out the whole time. It was 95 degrees but I was not going back into that house even though it was air conditioned and plenty cool. And no one even showed up for the open house- which I considered a blessing. Yes, it is indeed a glamorous life in real estate!

The Glamorous Life of a Real Estate Agent – Volume 1: Insect Encounters, hopefully this will give you a good laugh.
Los Angeles, Platinum Triangle, Beverly Hills, Real Estate, 90210, Bel Air, Holmby Hills, Sunset Strip, Hollywood Hills, Luxury Estates, Mansions, Celebrity Homes, Homes For Sale, Listings, Realtor, Real Estate For sale, Luxury Homes, Los Angeles Realtor, Bel Air Real Estate, Christophe Choo, http://www.ChristopheChoo.com

Posted on: Beverly Hills Real Estate-Beverly Hills Homes For Sale

2 comments:

  1. The activity of a absolute acreage abettor is ambitious and a lot of absolutely never dull.

    Boerne real estate

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I apart the foreground aperture opened it, stepped in to yield the key out of the door, abutting to 100 roaches fell on my head.

    Community Association Management

    ReplyDelete