Holidays in Beverly Hills
Beverly Hills will once again usher in the holidays with a spectacular display of sparkling lights, holiday music and festive décor throughout the famed Golden Triangle. With treasures around every corner and ample two-hour free parking, come early and stay late to enjoy special offers and extended hours at many of the city's shop and restaurants.
Beverly Hills Holiday Ice Rink
Beverly Hills celebrates the holidays with the city's first ever full-scale, public ice rink located in the Golden Triangle. Positioned in front of the iconic Beverly Hills City Hall building on Crescent Drive between North and South Santa Monica Boulevards, the ice skating rink (made of real ice) is open December 1, 2012 - January 6, 2013, providing entertainment throughout the season for visitors and locals alike.
Dates & Hours of Operation*
- Saturday, December 1 - Sunday, January 6
- Sunday - Thursday: Noon - 9pm
- Friday & Saturday: Noon - 10pm
*The rink will be closed on select holidays, including Christmas Day. Rink hours will vary on days with inclement weather. Buy-outs of the rink may occur on weekday evenings. If not listed on online ticket sales site, session is sold out or unavailable.
- Sunday - Thursday: Sessions begin at 12:00pm (Noon), 1:30, 3:00, 4:30, 6:00 and 7:30. All sessions are 1 hour except the final slot which is 1.5 hours.
- Friday & Saturday: Sessions begin at 12:00pm (Noon), 1:30, 3:00, 4:30, 6:00, 7:30 and 9:00pm. All sessions are 1 hour.
- General Admission
- Skate admission and skate rental is $15 (adult) and $11 (children under 12), per one-hour session.
- Tickets are available at the ice rink's ticket booth during operating hours. At the ice rink's ticket booth, tickets are only sold for same-day use.
- Tickets are also available online. Online sales include a $2.50 processing fee per ticket, but allow you to reserve a future date and session time. Click here for online sales.
- Group Ticket Sales
- Purchases of 20 tickets or more enjoy special pricing and the convenience of reserving your chosen date and session time. 20 - 39 tickets, take $1 off per ticket and 40 - 120 tickets, take $2 off per ticket.
- To purchase 20 or more tickets to be used same-day, visit the ice skating rink's ticket booth and incur no processing fees.
- To purchase 20 or more tickets for a future date, call (800) 954-7866. This option incurs a flat rate order fee, depending on number of tickets purchased.
- Full Rink Buy-Outs
- You can have the entire rink to yourself and your guests! Full rink buy-outs, for up to 180 guests, are available on Monday & Tuesday evenings (excluding Christmas Eve).
- For pricing or to reserve a rink buy-out, visit the ice skating rink's ticket booth or call (310) 576-2400.
The rink is located on N. Crescent Drive between S. Santa Monica Blvd and N. Santa Monica Blvd between City Hall and the site of the Annenberg Center for Performing Arts.
Parking is available at 450 N. Crescent Drive, accessible from N. Santa Monica Blvd only. There are also many City of Beverly Hills parking lots throughout the Golden Triangle.
The following special rates* apply to parking at 450 N. Crescent Drive only:
- First two hours free
- 3rd hour: $1
- 4th hour: $1
- After 4 hours, normal rates apply.
* Rates only valid with validation from ice skating rink. Validation requires purchase of ice skating session. Without validation, normal rates apply.
Enjoy bites and treats from gourmet food trucks on the weekends!
- Sunday, December 16 (2-5pm): COOLHAUS & Oooh La La Crepes
- Saturday, December 22 (5-8pm): Chunk-n-Chip Cookies & Grilled Cheese Truck
- Sunday, December 23 (2-5pm): Sweet E's Bake Shop
- Saturday, December 29 (5-8pm): Crepe 'n Around & Buttermilk Truck
- Sunday, December 30 (2-5pm): Sweet Wheels, COOLHAUS & Grilled Cheese Truck
- Saturday, January 5 (5-8pm): Komodo & Sweet Wheels
- Sunday, January 6 (2-5pm): Buttermilk Truck & Oooh La La Crepes
Schedule is tentative and may change at any time.
Thank you to our sponsors: Sprinkles Cupcakes, The Beverly Hilton, Two Rodeo and GEARY'S.
Santa at Paley Center for Media
Jolly old St. Nick pays a visit to Beverly Hills again this year. Both he and Mrs. Claus will captivate children and adults in Beverly Hills on Saturdays and Sundays (December 1 - 23).
Start your visit on the Beverly Hills Trolley where Mrs. Claus will delight all with holiday stories and songs throughout the tour which departs at the top of the hour (11 am - 4 pm) from Rodeo Drive & Dayton Way. Along the way, the trolley will stop at The Paley Center for Media, giving you an opportunity to hop off and spend some one-on-one time with Santa (11 am - 3 pm). After, enjoy holiday beverages and sweet treats before heading into The Paley Center's theater where nostalgic holiday television classics are featured on the big screen throughout the afternoon.
Tickets for the trolley run $5/adult and $1/child, 12 & under. Visits with Santa at The Paley Center are free.
Santa & Live Holiday Music at Two Rodeo
Two Rodeo comes alive with the sounds of the holiday season. Stroll Via Rodeo and delight in live entertainment, Thursdays through Saturdays.
Live Holiday Music:
- Thursday and Friday evenings, 4:00 - 7:00 pm
- November 23 & 29-30 and December 6-7, 13-14 & 20-21
- Saturdays, 3:00 - 6:00 pm
- November 24 and December 1, 8, 15 & 22
Santa Claus visits the Wilshire Fountain at Two Rodeo for complimentary visits throughout the holiday season, every Friday evening from November 23 - December 21. Each time Santa makes his visit, snow will fall from the rooftops!
Visits with Santa & Snow on Via Rodeo:
- November 23, 2:00 - 6:00 pm
- November 30, 4:00 - 8:00 pm
- December 7, 4:00 - 8:00 pm
- December 14, 4:00 - 8:00 pm
- December 21, 4:00 - 8:00 pm
Fall Into Luxury
It's our holiday gift to you! Fall into luxury with a $100 hotel credit and complimentary upgrade at time of booking when you stay in Beverly Hills between October 1 and December 30, 2012.
Beverly Hills is the only world class luxury destination located in the center of Los Angeles. From five star and five diamond to one of a kind boutique hotels, whatever your pleasure, you're mere steps from flagship shopping, celebrity chef restaurants and the ultimate in pampering. With abundant sunshine, mild temperatures and this great fall package, there's no better way to extend the pleasures of summer than with a visit to Beverly Hills.
Click here to view participating hotels & to book your visit today
This holiday season, break away from kitchen duty and truly enjoy your time with family and friends. Many Beverly Hills restaurants will do the cooking for you, putting out a spread that masterfully blends traditional dishes with unique menu selections.
Click for hours, prices and full menus:
Extended Store Hours
Many stores throughout Beverly Hills have extended holiday hours for your shopping convenience. Each location varies so it is recommended shoppers call stores directly for their hours of operation. Use our Beverly Hills Shopping Directory for contact information.
Share your holiday fun...
Spread holiday cheer! As you visit Beverly Hills this holiday season, be sure to stop by our Facebook & Twitter pages to share your holiday memories with us! On Instagram? Tag your Beverly Hills photos, year round, with #LoveBevHills and during the holidays, use #JoyToTheHills!
Beverly Hills Holiday Events & Ice Rink 2012 - Come for some holiday fun!